the creator things

What should you be thankful for, what should you be thankful for the MOST, huh? This last Sunday our pastor talked about being thankful, but not just for the 'creatED' things, but especially for the 'creatOR' things.

Let me esplain: Created things would be like friends, your house, your computer, your dog, etc. The Creator things would be like Christ's love, and his sacrifice.

On Sunday, our pastor came up with this list to help you: I named these the SIX PACK.
(the top six things we should be thankful for)
1. Qualification for the Unqualified
2. Inheritance for the Bankrupt
3. Rescue from Captivity and Death
4. Transferal to Freedom and Life
5. Redemption from Slavery to Sin
6. Freedom from Sin's Penalty and Power
and here's a bonus one:
7. God's Promise of Tomorrow

Man Isn't that awesome! It better awesome to you, otherwise you might want to go home and re-think your life!

So try not to get so wrapped up in the CreatED things and focus more on this list.

Kade

Oh, and for a Thanksgiving gift, I put up a few new songs on the side. And be sure to listen to Rescue!

5 comments:

Hannah November 25, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

Great post, love the picture! Got something for you guys on my blog!

Josh November 25, 2009 at 12:51 PM  

...I was disappointed several posts ago when I saw a picture of John Wayne, but I decided that I wouldn't say anything. But today when I saw a picture of him again, frankly, I was mortified! =)

Okay, Okay, sorry, that was dramatic, but still I'm not huge on the westerns and all!!!

Great thankfulness post and God Bless,
Josh

Ryan Burton King November 25, 2009 at 3:08 PM  

We truly have much to thank God for! (By the way, John Wayne is one of my favourite actors, but for some reason I laugh each time I see the pictures. After "Hondo" and "The Quiet Man", I wonder which one will be next...).

Anonymous November 27, 2009 at 9:04 PM  

That's a wonderful list.
We are so blessed spiritually, truly, the Lord has given us "everything we need for life and Godliness". (2 Peter 1:3)

Anonymous December 10, 2009 at 10:19 PM  

It seems as if Kade is doing all the posting on this blog lately. Do you think you will ever do as many posts as you did when you first started the blog? Just to encourage you, we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us!! I think you all are doing great in encouraging all your readers. God Bless you!

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Recent Comments


Catechism

And, in testimony of our desire, and assurance to be heard, we say, Amen.

Catechism question generator by Luke Godfrey