Two Hands

Hey all!  Jars of Clay came out with their new album, Long Fall Back to Earth, last week.  I bought it on release day, and I recommend buying it - it's really good!


I mention the CD because of a song on it called "Two Hands."  It reminded me of how I treat God sometimes:

I use one hand to pull you closer
The other to push you away

It is a constant battle between the Christian's sinful flesh and the Spirit of God inside him or her.  The apostle Paul said, "For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another."  (Galatians 5:17).  The goal of all believers is mentioned in the chorus of the song:

If I had two hands
Doing the same thing
Lifted high, lifted high

So a quick encouragement today - pray that God would enable you to use both hands in His service today, and not just one.  A half-hearted, "one-handed" service is not what God wants - He wants our all.  Don't do the minimum you feel will let you squeak by, but be diligent; pursue godliness with maximum effort.

I've put up the song "Two Hands" in the player on the sidebar so you can check it out.

God bless!

Luke

3 comments:

Kade April 29, 2009 at 9:34 AM  

Huh, that's really good Luke.

kade

Josh April 29, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

Hey guys,
I found your blog from Rachel M. and I think you're doing a great job. There are some really challenging thoughts and encouraging musings that spoke to me, so keep up the great work!
Maybe I'll check out that song this afternoon.

God Bless,
Josh

Rachel April 29, 2009 at 1:35 PM  

K-LOVE has been playing that song alot, and I really like it!

~Rach

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Recent Comments


Catechism

And, in testimony of our desire, and assurance to be heard, we say, Amen.

Catechism question generator by Luke Godfrey