Myanmar

Yes, I went to Myanmar! Don't know where it is? It's right here:

This is a blown up picture of it though, so look it up on your own to see it's real size. Down near the bottom of the country it's says in small type YANGON. And yep, that's where we went.

There was three of us, Mr. Tom, Mr. Curtis, and Mr. Kade. like that?

Anyways, we had a wonderful trip! The orphans that I visited were awesome! And not only did I encourage them, but they encouraged me a lot! I taught them around 10 songs (in English) 4 Bible lessons and 8 games! Yeah baby!

the songs: I'm Forgiven, Famous One, All because of Jesus, I Lift my Eyes Up, Give Us Clean Hands, We bow Down, etc.

the games: Capture the Flag, Hide-and-Seek, Duck Duck Goose, Do You Love your Neighbor, etc.

the lessons: The Ten Lepers, Who's the Greatest? The Vine Growers, etc.

I also had an opportunity to speek at a 3-day-semiar-type-thing and a few churches, and that was great too!

Some of the greatest time I had over there was playing Canball (which is exactly like volleyball, except you can only use your feet and head... no hands...)with some seminary students. They were lots of fun! The first time I played with them, they let me use my hands 'cause I was like a gringo. But the second time... I was a native!

I've got a lot of pictures to post up, so hold on tight! It'll take me while though, I'm very busy right now...

Thanks so much for your prayers! Merry Christmas!

Kade

6 comments:

Ryan Burton King December 19, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

Sounds like you had a good time, Kade. Were the children you were working with Burmese or from one of the other ethnic tribes? I have a pastor-friend who is Karen, and have friends in Germany as well as the U.K. who are Kachin and Chin. Look forward to seeing your pictures. Merry Christmas.

LocaChica December 19, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

Wow, sounds like a really neat experience!
Have a Merry Christmas :)
LocaChica

Rachel December 19, 2009 at 2:19 PM  

That's neat! Praise Jesus!
Merry Christmas to you and your dear family. :)

In Him,
Rachel M.

Hannah December 19, 2009 at 7:18 PM  

Wow! I'm glad you had a good time and I'm sure that you made a great impact on the people there. :)

Josh December 22, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

Kade,
I can't wait to see pictures and hear more about it!!! I am praying about a mission trip right now, and hoping that God may provide an opportunity to minister to lost people...
Glad your back safe in the U.S.

Merry Christmas,
Josh

Anonymous December 22, 2009 at 5:10 PM  

Wow! That's awesome! I can't wait to see your pictures!
And I even knew where Myanmar was! (Yes, give me a prize....) We've met and helped many refugees from there, and that's so cool that you got to go there!

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Recent Comments


Catechism

And, in testimony of our desire, and assurance to be heard, we say, Amen.

Catechism question generator by Luke Godfrey