Grace will Lead Me Home

I'd like to share some thoughts from and about Morning and Evening (Charles Spurgeon) for September 22 Morning.  It struck me the other day, so I wanted to share it with you now.


"When my heart is faint...lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
- Psalm 61:2

The central focus of Spurgeon here was on Christ "leading" us to Himself, the "harbor of weather-beaten sails."  He comments that "the helm does not answer to our puny hand; [God] alone can steer us over the bar between the sunken rocks and safe into the fair haven."

That made me think about something that comes up a lot in my godly conversations--the fact that man, on his own, cannot choose or come to God.  Along with what Kole was just talking about in the last post!  Man is incapable--he has a "puny hand."  Man needs God to lead him heavenward.

This is true in the sense that man needs God to call him to Himself initially (salvation), but it is also true for people who have already been saved.  Christians still need God to lead them toward heaven--without Him, our "puny hand" would allow the sea of the world to pull us into the rocks and drown us in its depths.

Just a few profound thoughts from Spurgeon.  I recommend his writing, especially the twice-a-day devotional Morning and Evening.  It is thought-provoking and is well worth the read for the Spiritual benefits it provides by pointing to God and His word.

On the non-spiritual side of things, I'm having computer problems that will end today by me sending my computer to HP.  This is nice because my computer problems will go away.  This is bad because I will be without a computer for two weeks.

What is a guy like me to do?  I do school on the computer, I entertain myself on the computer, I make money with the computer (making websites and Flash applications/games), I make music on the computer, I even exercise on the computer (I run Dance Dance Revolution through the computer).  Pray for me.  This is God's way of saying "stop relying on the computer, you geek."

I might have small windows of time at least every other day to check my email and reply to comments, but nothing beyond that.

Well, that's all I've got.  Comment!

Luke

4 comments:

Holly September 24, 2008 at 4:44 PM  

Luke,

You won't read this comment for two weeks but oh well....
Nice to meet another writer for this blog. I have really enjoyed reading the posts on here....from other Christian teens (and home-schooled too:)). I found your blog through Blogger (by clicking on my Occupation which is "Homeschool" and then it showed everyone on Blogger that has "Homeschool" as an occupation.....and thus is how I found this blog. Sorry if that's confusing.

About this post...
It reminded me of a Bible course I am taking in school, by Jim Berg. Lately, I have been learning that man is designed to be dependent. We can't function on our own.
Anyways, I found it interesting because I read that book too, "Morning and Evening". It has blessed me numerous times.

God Bless,
Holly

Tori September 24, 2008 at 9:01 PM  

Hi Luke -

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I honestly can't remember how I found your blog - I've been reading it for probably 6 months or so now. I do know it was from a comment you left on someone else's blog.

Come back and visit again!

cj September 26, 2008 at 11:06 AM  

Wow! Awesome post! Our puny hands are not enough to lead us to God, only God can lead us to God.

You build websites? Cool!

In his hands
-cj

cj September 29, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

I like your new photo!

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Recent Comments


Catechism

And, in testimony of our desire, and assurance to be heard, we say, Amen.

Catechism question generator by Luke Godfrey