Masculine Women - Feminine Men

One thing that I hate in our culture today is how women are acting more like men, and men are acting more like women! God made two different genders, for two different reasons! Men have a different role then women, and women are supposed to help them do that! I think that our society today is getting a little confused!


Here's an old song from the 1920s:

Masculine women, Feminine men
Which is the rooster, which is the hen?
Girls were girls and boys were boys when I was a tot,
Now we don't know who is who, or even what's what!
Knickers and trousers, baggy and wide,
Nobody knows who's walking inside,
Those masculine women and feminine men

And just think how much worse it has gotten since then!

-By the way that we act and dress, that we show who we are and what God has made us.
And if God has made us for one purpose, who are we to say different?!

~So my encouragement to you men is to, "Be a man."
~And to the ladies, "Be a woman."
Simple.

Anything to add?

Kade

7 comments:

cj September 16, 2008 at 11:19 AM  

Yes, our culture is very corrupt, I guess one of the things that we can do is pray that God will turn our country's heart back toward him.

-cj

Anonymous September 16, 2008 at 2:40 PM  

Wow, really nice to here about this from a guy. I wish more girls would wake up to this.
In my opinion, it's really an attitude thing. For example, people often remark about how tomboyish my sister is and how not tomboyish I am. The funny thing though, is that we can do the exact same things( Shovel calf feed, help Dad with his construction work, ride four wheeler--you name it) and the only difference is that we do it in totally different ways. She does it in a way that people look at her and say "She's a tomboy for sure!" and I do it in a way that people look at me and say "Is your room pink?" (Okay, not quite that obvious, since I'm not THAT girly-girlish, but you catch my drift)
Along with that same line of thinking(It's an attitude thing), I would add something. It is a lot easier for me to act like a lady, if the men (or boys) around me are acting like men, and treating me like a lady. Just little gestures, like offering to help with something that I'm having difficulty with, or opening a door, can really help a lot. I'm wondering.. is it the same way for guys? Are there things that girls do that can help you act like men?
Not sure if I made much sense here...These are my thoughts on the subject though. Well, some of them. This is the kind of subject for me that when I start talking about it, my friends grin and say "Oh boy, here we go again!" :-)
Smiling for Jesus,
TanyaBeth S
My family's journal:
www.xanga.com/laborers2gether4Christ

Anonymous September 16, 2008 at 4:46 PM  

Good Post Kade! I agree with TanyaBeth S., it is an "attitude thing". I think that we can never be too careful.

Thanks for the post!

Lauren

P.S. I would also like to know, what can we do to make it easier for guys?

Penn Tomassetti September 17, 2008 at 7:16 PM  

Great exhortation. I was just thinking about this today.

I did a study recently on Genesis 3. It is really profound what happened when they listened to a talking serpent instead of the Word of God.

Anonymous September 17, 2008 at 8:10 PM  

Ok, so when you say masculine women you mean like tomboyish girls?

Kade September 17, 2008 at 8:16 PM  

Overly tomboyish (manly) girls and feminine guys I think is what he meant.

Nick

Anonymous September 18, 2008 at 8:41 PM  

Oh. Ok, so you mean girls that are so "manly" you can't tell if they are men or women. ok. tht makes more sense now. thanks :)

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Recent Comments


Catechism

And, in testimony of our desire, and assurance to be heard, we say, Amen.

Catechism question generator by Luke Godfrey