11,910- yeah it's a cool number


Psalm 119:10 "With my whole heart I have sought after you; Oh, let me not wander from your commandments!"

Is this true about you? Do you seek after God with your whole heart? Or how 'bout even half-a-heart? I find myself falling short... all the time.

Psalm 119:11 "Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against you."
One of the greatest things that you can do to strive after God is by reading his word.

Put it this way; let's say you like someone; let's say... Chuck Norris. And if you're going to strive after... Chuck Norris, you'll probably read what he has to say, or watch his movies.

So it's the same way with God! If you're going to strive after him, you won't just do nothing! You'll read his word!

So here's my challenges:
1. Strive after God with your whole heart by reading his word; meditating on it; memorizing it.
2. Don't strive after worthless things.

(btw, the title 11,910 stands for Ps. 119:10)
kade

4 comments:

Rachel May 29, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

We all need to strive after GOD, no 'invention of man'.

Rach

PS Glad to see this blog come back alive! lol

LocaChica May 29, 2009 at 2:54 PM  

I just came across your blog. I think it's great what you guys have done! Keep up the great work, and I'll be checking for updates regularly!

LocaGJ

Rachel May 29, 2009 at 4:19 PM  

I have enjoyed reading the posts on Psalm 119.

Totally true; if we do not continue reading His Word and coming before His throne daily, we will want to do the things of this world. And that is definitely not a good idea!

Thank you everyone for choosing to write posts on this blessed chapter in Psalms--11,910. ;D

In Him,
Rachel M.

Restore the Fire June 3, 2009 at 5:01 PM  

Even when we are trying our hardest to seek God out with our whole heart, we may not always keep it up as we should, but as long as we keep on trying our best to seek God with our whole heart that is indeed an accomplishment.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Recent Comments


Catechism

And, in testimony of our desire, and assurance to be heard, we say, Amen.

Catechism question generator by Luke Godfrey