Life in WY, and a question

Well, it has been a super (emphasis on 'super') long time since I have posted on here! Sorry, but I don't really have anything really for you all except an update and a little science. :) As you know, I love science and can talk all day about it, right Kole? ha. Anyways, here goes:

My pastor started the Jackson Hole Bible College a few years ago and it is growing very fast. It is a one year college were students go out to various places (like: Mt. St. Helens, the Grand Canyon, and Yellowstone to name a few) and learn about the geography and how the universe came to be. The college has the highest amount of PhD doctors in the entire state of Wyoming. Most come from Answers in Genesis (and for those of you who are new to Life Savior, my pastor is the Chairman of the Board of Directors. He and Ken Ham-- founder of AiG-- are close friends) like Dr. Lisle (who I went and saw... really cool!) and Dr. Menton. Anybody who goes to Jackson Hole Community Bible Church is allowed to sit in on the college classes (but they don't get any credit). :) The point of this paragraph that I want to make is that the college students just graduated two weeks ago on Sunday. Very sad! They were a neat group of kids (20 in all). Below are some pictures.

So last Saturday dad and I went rafting on the Snake River! It was incredible! Alone on that 2 hour float trip we saw: osprey, a golden eagle, elk, an otter, lots of pelicans (believe it or not we DO have pelicans here!), a variety of ducks, three muskrats, beaver dams (but no beavers), canadian geese, and more that won't come to my memory. :) The Grand Teton National Park has the most wildlife I have ever seen in one area!

Unfortunately, evolution here abounds. In fact, the other day (Sunday I think) I saw a bumpersticker that said, "Keep your theology out of my biology"... yeah. However, I can't see how in the world somebody could see the beauty of this place, and say that! It is just one of too many examples of the fallen world we live in.

So now for something I have been learning. Our pastor is doing a series speaking in Revelation, which he has been in since last April (a year ago!). However, I just thought, I will actually ask a question first and then (after your comments) answer with a post. Here it is:

When a Christian dies, where does he/she go?
When a non-christian dies, where does he/she go?

So please comment on that and I will post eventually on it! :)















--Nick

15 comments:

Josh May 11, 2009 at 8:19 PM  

Hey Nick,
The pics are great! It looks like you had a phenominal time...
In answer to your question: Christian or not, when a person dies, they go to the judgment seat and are judged by the awesome and holy God of the universe. Where we are to give an account of our life and where He (God)looks in the Book of Life and determines wether we have recieved eternal life thru the spilt blood of Jesus Christ the Holy Lamb of God,or wether we have rejected Him our whole life and deserve eternal damnation in hell.

In Christ,
Josh

Luke Godfrey May 11, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

Wow, a post! Good to hear from ya, Nick! Like the pictures, too :)

Josh May 11, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

By the way, I love science too. Biology is my fave... I also think that creation science is facinating. Living on a farm, we get lots of opportuniy to witness first-hand, God's creation with: goat births, garden, pigs, a horse, a cow, chickens etc.

What's your favorite science?

Josh

Nicholas May 11, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

Josh:

I love biology too! The thing I like the most though is actually catching things and studying them like that. I use to catch snakes and turtles all the time in AR. In fact (Mr. T, you can remember this), a good friend of mine and I were driving down a road one day and I hopped out to grab a kingsnake... unfortunately it was half dead because it was run over so we took it to a neighbor's house where we, uh, got it out of its misery. :)

Nick

Nikki May 11, 2009 at 10:16 PM  

Alright, GREAT PICTURES!
Also to answer your Q.
: Well.. I will say that Ibelieve that itdepends if you have a true relationship with God. We WILL have to give a account! NO ONE will get to heaven by being good or having achristain family! I'm not saying that you shouldn't be good, i'm just saying you have to personally invite hime into your life and beg for forgivness!!Of course there is acountablility! No one knows what that age is, but babys and some older will be in heaven! No one knows what the age is, (except God)So that would be your answer!
I have a question for you, If your pastor is preching on revelation,you have to be talking about end times! What by the bible says, do you see those changes going on in our life today? I would say yes, but wanted to know your opinion,. And I will agree with you that ANYONE who things of evalution is true, i'm sorry to break it to whoever but YOU ARE WRONG! The bible clearly satates that God made the world! ALSO, people are finding out proof that evelution is WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that person needs to tear off that bumper sticker!

ReganBKing May 12, 2009 at 9:25 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReganBKing May 12, 2009 at 9:27 AM  

Hello Nick,

The moment a person dies, their soul is seperated from their body.
If the person is a true believer their soul enters the presence of the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:8; Phil. 1:23. While many believe that unbelievers simply lay in the grave until the final day of resurrection and judgement, Scripture states the contrary. The Rich man of Luke 16:19-30, was in "Hades, being in torment" (ESV).
The passage describes the great pain the rich man was in, while also stating that Lazarus, the poor man, was at "Abraham's side"- another term for the presence of the Lord.

Revelation 20 describes the 1000 years of Christ's reign and the defeat of Satan, the resurrection of the dead, followed by the great and final "White Throne judgement" in which all, including beleivers are judged. Those whose names are found in the book of life are saved and dwell in "the new heavens and new earth where righteousness dwells" (2 Peter 3:13). The lost are eternally condemned to Hell (Revelation 20:14-15.

Nicholas May 12, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

Nikki:

A lot of people actually think that we are in the 1000 year reign right now, but I disagree. I believe that after the 7 year Tribulation the Christians who survive come into the thousand year reign as humans. They will still have their sinful nature, however, Revelation points out that Satan is locked away in the abyss for the duration of the thousand years. So they will not be tempted by satan! Can they sin? Yes, and we who are believers that have been raptured will judge them (it also points out somewhere that we will judge the angels, but I am not sure where). So, my point is this: if we are living in the 1000 years right now, and Satan is locked up in the Abyss, what will it be like when he is released?

Nick

Rachel May 12, 2009 at 2:58 PM  

Yay! Good job Nick, you FINALLY posted!

Yeah, I'm going to miss the college students too, even if I only really talked to Becca and Jon :)

Rachel

Unknown May 13, 2009 at 8:14 AM  

Good thought provoking post Nick. An interesting site on Prophecy I have found and enjoy reading is http://www.lamblion.us/

Nick's Mom

Kade May 13, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

You know what?!!!! A bear just crawled over the fence in my back yard!

kade

Kade May 13, 2009 at 11:09 AM  

Just kiddin'...

kade

Nicholas May 13, 2009 at 7:00 PM  

kade, you haven't changed much since I have left. :D haha. HOw are things going up (I mean, down) there?

Nick

Rachel May 14, 2009 at 1:04 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Restore the Fire June 3, 2009 at 4:56 PM  

Nice pictures. The Bible is the best place for answers to any questions that we may have. Both Christians and Non-Christians are going be judged at the end of the world. Christians, if they truly are Christians will go to heaven, but I am not as sure on Non-Christians.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Recent Comments


Catechism

And, in testimony of our desire, and assurance to be heard, we say, Amen.

Catechism question generator by Luke Godfrey