numero uno

Psalm 119:1 "Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord!
2Blessed are those who keep His testimonies, who seek Him with the whole heart.
3They also do no iniquity; they walk in His ways.
4You have commanded us to keep Your precepts diligently.
5Oh, that my ways were directed to keep Your statutes!
6Then I would not be ashamed, when I look into all Your commandments.
7I will praise You with uprightness of heart, when I learn Your righteous judgments.
8I will keep Your statutes; Oh do not forsake me utterly!"

Ok. So this is the first post of a 22 (?) post series. We will be rotating on each post, and I believe Kade is next. We will be taking out what we learned out of either the whole section, or a particular verse that really stuck out to us. Take a deep breath, and here we go on a long journey through Psalms 119!
Here David starts out by blessing those who walk in the way of the Lord (verses 1-3), to praying that his ways would be directed to His statutes (verses 5-6), to ending that he would keep God’s statutes (verse 8) and follow Him with an upright heart (verse 7), asking God not to forsake him ‘utterly’ (verse 8). I will admit it is difficult to try and find something that I can post on that we could apply to our lives other than what is clearly written out here, but there is one thing that stuck out to me about David. It seems that he not only has a great desire to follow God, but 1) he has a great respect for those who do (verses 1-3), and 2) and he has a desire for everyone to do the same as he is (verse 4). Being the first post I will leave it at that, and I WILL try to get more detailed as I get the hang of this. If there is anything that you want to point out on this (or any of our posts), please feel free to post a comment saying so.
Have a great day and please pray about this big ‘undertaking’ we are doing!!
-Nick

1 comments:

Kade May 28, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

Sorry for the messy outline. For some reason it didn't save what I had set it as!

Nick

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Recent Comments


Catechism

And, in testimony of our desire, and assurance to be heard, we say, Amen.

Catechism question generator by Luke Godfrey