Determination

Today I had my three little sisters on my bunk-bed with me. (Probably not the smartest thing, but I was on the outside, so they were safe)(but I wasn't, they sometimes push me off, even though they're young). Anyways, my littlest sister, Covey (who is 1) had got hold of a small tooth-paste box... and was determined to get it open. She pried and tried, but couldn't get it open. She then threw it on the ground, pressed on it, and it came open! She looked in and found her prize... the tooth-paste bottle.

Another thing that I think of when I think of determination is a race. I've ran a couple of three-mile races, but I don't really rely on my physical condition. I rely on brain power. Also called adrenaline, or determination. And I don't do so bad.

So just as my little sister was determined, and my determination in running, so should we be in life. That's something we really need in our Christian walk, we need to be determined to live for Christ, and excel in Him.

All Christ,
~Kade

13 comments:

Rachel May 27, 2008 at 2:15 PM  

Great post! We should always be determined to do our best. Isn't it amazing that we can learn lessons from 1 year olds?

:)

~Rachel

Margaret Braun May 27, 2008 at 3:47 PM  

Kole, I turned 16 in December. I decided not to post about my birthday but rather just edit my profile. Why do you ask?

Tori May 27, 2008 at 5:00 PM  

So true! Determination is so important in this spiritual journey we're on!

cj May 27, 2008 at 5:29 PM  

Hey Kole, yes I do know Kaleb, he goes to my church.

I'll try to get a hold of him for you.

cj May 27, 2008 at 5:32 PM  

Kade, Thanks for the reminder to be determined to follow Christ as he commands me to.

Anonymous May 27, 2008 at 6:43 PM  

Kade, thanks for the encouragement!
Determination is a strength of character that all Christians should cultivate. The world would probably call it "guts", but to the Christian we know that excelling at anything requires... determination! :)

Kade May 27, 2008 at 8:53 PM  

I noticed it had changed so I was going to wish you happy birthday.

-Kole

Kaleb May 27, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

Yes I do know cj,we go to the same church, the same small group. And see each others quit often. ~ Kaleb

Kaleb May 27, 2008 at 9:56 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kade May 27, 2008 at 10:11 PM  

Kaleb could you repost that? I delteted so fast I forgot to write it down!

Kade May 27, 2008 at 10:12 PM  

Never mind I got it!

-Kole

Ryan Burton King May 28, 2008 at 6:56 AM  

Without Christ, where would our determination be? It is, as the hymn says "Because he lives, I can face tomorrow, because he lives, all fear is gone, because I know he holds the future, and life is worth the living because he lives." Let us be determined to go forth boldly, serving the Lord.

Margaret Braun May 28, 2008 at 5:51 PM  

Kole, I read Proverbs 7 just recently. Near the end, I realized that the woman described was sin; lurking around the corner, just waiting for you to fall into her trap, with many sweet sounding words included. A seemingly good and convincing deal that leads to destruction.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Recent Comments


Catechism

And, in testimony of our desire, and assurance to be heard, we say, Amen.

Catechism question generator by Luke Godfrey