'It is finished"

On Sunday, pastor taught about "Famous last Words." When it was time for Christ to die, He was concerned for others, not himself. But pastor didn't really touch on Jesus' very last words, "It is finished." So I'm going to talk about that. What was finished? What did He do? Well obviously, the easy answer is that He died for our sins... But I'm going to try to go a little bit deeper...


I think a couple of things were started and ended when Jesus said, "it is finished." These are some: (1). We no longer needed to make sacrifices, because Jesus made it! (2). We could pray, and we wouldn't need priests and stuff. (3). Our sins were paid for. (Hallelujah) (4). His suffering was over. (5).His "life purpose" was fulfilled. (6). etc. (In the etc part, make a comment and tell me something that ended or began when Jesus said "It is finished.") There are definitely a lot more things that are all wrapped up in those three words.

All Christ,
~Kade

5 comments:

Rachel April 15, 2008 at 12:37 PM  

I know you mainly said this, but He made it so we could love God. What I mean is that, instead of living apart from God, He can be part of our life, and we can learn to love Him. Right? Tell me if I got that all wrong!

~Rachel

Kade April 15, 2008 at 3:16 PM  

You're right.
~Kade

Rachel April 15, 2008 at 4:54 PM  

Good, I didn't get confused!

Anonymous April 16, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

I am loving all the blogs you guys are puting out there. I read them all the time. Don't always comment but read them all. Your guys are so "right on" Keep up the good work. I can see God is working a wonder in your lives for his kingdom.
Nana

Anonymous June 23, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

Hey, that's really funny, because my pastor did a "Famous Last Words" sermon series in March 2008.... Weird....
Btw, I'm really impressed by your blog. I praise God for your maturity, because it's just not visible in any guys your age that I know. (I say this not to puff you guys up, but to build you up.) Keep up the good work!

In Christ,
Jennifer

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Recent Comments


Catechism

And, in testimony of our desire, and assurance to be heard, we say, Amen.

Catechism question generator by Luke Godfrey