The Sin of Omission

Last week at my homeschool group, I remember going into the mom's room, and meeting this gentleman who was in there getting ready for a presentation. I had finished what I was doing and right before I left the room I hear something and looked back at where he was, and saw that he had spilled a small cup of water. I walked out of the building and started to enter another building when I stopped...and stood for a little while. I thought 'I should help him. He doesn't know where any paper towels. I don't even know where some paper towels are.' I stood there for about ten seconds, debating if I should go back and help. I didn't. And I fell bad about not helping him.

Yesterday in our bible reading in James 4, the last verse in the chapter, the last verse, made me think about what happened. Verse 17 says, "So whoever knows what is right and does NOT do it, for him it is sin. This is called the sin of omission, the things you don't do that you know you should. We need to be careful about this type of sin, because it is very sneaky. We need to look out for it.

For His Son's Glory,
-Kole

2 comments:

Elizabeth April 3, 2008 at 1:59 PM  

I need to work on that...Thanks for the thoughts Kole!

Kade April 3, 2008 at 5:28 PM  

Hmmm. Good thoughts.
~Kade

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Recent Comments


Catechism

And, in testimony of our desire, and assurance to be heard, we say, Amen.

Catechism question generator by Luke Godfrey