Setting Standards

Last night as part of our family bible time, my dad told us about how proud he was of us completing the test. But he told us about how Paul told the Thessalonians that they were doing well, but they should excel still more. And how we should not set our standards to those of the the world. How even if we ace this test, we shouldn't set our standards to that of the world. As two young men I know, who have a true passion for Christ, when it comes to the world's standards they say, "The roof is where the floor should be." Meaning, the world's best should be the minimum. "The roof is where the floor should be." What a great line! Where we think we're doing our best that's where the floor should be. So I encourage you, excel still more! And don't forget to give God the glory!

For His Son's Glory,
-Kole

5 comments:

Anonymous April 17, 2008 at 4:59 PM  

Thank you son. mom

Rachel April 17, 2008 at 9:17 PM  

We should always try to excel, and when I don't, I need to ask myself, "Why?" it could be selfishness, pride, or tons of other things, but whatever it is, I need to work on not doing it. Thanks for the thoughts! This is a really, really encouraging blog.

Anonymous April 17, 2008 at 9:34 PM  

Friend, I salute thee in the Lord,
And wish thou may'st abound
In faith, and have a good regard
To keep on holy ground.


Thou dost encourage me to hold
My head above the flood;
Thy counsel better is than gold:
In need thereof I stood.

John Bunyan

Anonymous April 17, 2008 at 10:32 PM  

When the the worlds highest is our lowest, God is truly working in our lives.-cj

Kade April 18, 2008 at 9:04 AM  

Absolutly Cj. When the world see us going above their standerds that's when they notice that we are really different. If we do well, they just think we are better than their own kid. Eveyone, I would encouage you to pray that God would help you to excel still more, for his Glory!

-Kole

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Recent Comments


Catechism

And, in testimony of our desire, and assurance to be heard, we say, Amen.

Catechism question generator by Luke Godfrey