What we enjoy...

I was reading a great book by John Piper, and I knew that I needed to post on some of what I’ve read so far. At the beginning of the first chapter he talks about God’s justice and His love. And how we have turned to other things to fill us with joy, and how we were told, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength.” (Deut 6:5) Piper says, “We glorify what we enjoy most. And it isn’t God” I thought about this statement, and I thought of things I might enjoy more than God: sports, reffing, music, guitar, books, food… the list goes on. But I thought about how Jesus found his most enjoyment in his communion with his father and the Holy Spirit.

So, I ask you, what gives you the most enjoyment? Jesus’ enjoyment was in glorifying the father, and we need to follow his example and ask God to help us find us most enjoyment in Him, that we might glorify him!

For His Son’s Glory!
-Kole

4 comments:

cj April 21, 2008 at 6:51 PM  

That's an awesome point, thanks for sharing.

Elizabeth April 22, 2008 at 3:44 PM  

hey yall...thanks fior the post kole! Chris wanted me to tell everyone that he is alive and posting again...he said for good but i doubt it...lol

Rachel April 22, 2008 at 6:43 PM  

Yeah, we, since we are born with a sinful nature, have to work really hard on that.... I mean we have to ask God to help us to work on that ;)

Kade April 23, 2008 at 4:02 PM  

Just got back from the trip. sorry I been out of it lately because of the trip. I be on. Cj: I tried to get on your blog in the small time I had but the connetion was extremly slow!

-Kole

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Recent Comments


Catechism

And, in testimony of our desire, and assurance to be heard, we say, Amen.

Catechism question generator by Luke Godfrey