Discipline...LOVE IT!!!

I don't enjoy being disciplined. I know I should, but I don't. But today I read Hebrews 12:5-11, and I thought, 'If I am being disciplined that I am one of God's sons. It says in verse 8, "But if you are without discipline, of which you have all become partakers, then you are not legitimate children and not sons." If we are straying from the path of righteousness, and we are one of God's sons, He will discipline us and bring us back. And the end of verse 10 says, "but He disciplines us for our GOOD, so that we might we may share His holiness." That we might share in HIS holiness. Right after that it says, "All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness." It may not seem like that much fun to be disciplined at the moment it's happening, but it will yield the peaceful fruit of righteousness.

-Kole

5 comments:

Anonymous March 18, 2008 at 3:58 PM  

Discipline is a good thing! Even the discipline from our parents. It just proves that they love us. If God didn't love us He would just let us run wild.

Kade March 18, 2008 at 4:14 PM  

It helps to know that all discipline for us comes from God.

-Kole

Elizabeth March 18, 2008 at 8:30 PM  

As I read your blog I thought of the proverbs 13:24

"he who withholds his rod hates his son, but he who loves him disciplines him diligently."

Our Father and our fathers dicsipline us because they love us...that might help next time we get dicsiplined!

Elizabeth March 18, 2008 at 8:31 PM  

please dont read my gooder english!...lol

Kade March 19, 2008 at 12:58 PM  

How 'bout this:)
Prov. 19:18 "Discipline your son, for there is hope, (now my favorite part) and do NOT set you heart on putting him to death!"

~Kade

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Recent Comments


Catechism

And, in testimony of our desire, and assurance to be heard, we say, Amen.

Catechism question generator by Luke Godfrey