Work... Good?

Work is good? Well, as a teen... I don't really like to work. I mean, I do it a lot, and sometimes it's fun, but over all I don't like to work. Why is that, is it because I'm lazy? uhh... yeah... I'm a little lazy... ask my parents. Sometimes I don't like to work because it's hard or I'd rather do something else. When I do like to work, it's because I'm serving someone, earning money, or it could be that I just don't like things to be dirty. Whatever.

Psalm 128:2 "For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands; happy thou shalt be, and well it shall be with thee."

"Whether you eat, drink or work, do all to the glory of God." Well, it doesn't actually go like that, but it does say all things, and that means work! So not only should we work, but we should do it unto the Lord!

All for the glory of God,
~Kade

4 comments:

Anonymous March 12, 2008 at 1:14 PM  

Hey, Kade!

Timely thought, as I'm sitting here in my office NOT working checking out my nephews latest blog entry.
Can the verse also say "Whether you eat or drink or blog at work, do all to the glory of God"?....

Kade March 12, 2008 at 4:20 PM  

Thanks Uncle Nate.

~Kade

Anonymous March 12, 2008 at 5:50 PM  

It's nice to see you 1) thinking deeply and 2) being honest...even if it is in little teensy tiny print!

At your age it's hard to WANT to work when the work is a drag. And you know what...that really never changes. But your heart can be joyful even in the drudgery, right?

Thanks for the encouraging - and thought provoking - blog.

Do you guys do movie and music reviews?

Anonymous March 17, 2008 at 7:25 PM  

This is a good topic and dear to my heart. Some of us like doing good hard work and we can be really critical on those who don't act like we do. I have always thought I identified more with Martha than Mary and I need to be chided by Jesus. And of course you know the Bible verse that said, "If you don't work, you don't eat". But if I don't get something accomplished every day I feel that the day is wasted. I suspect that thinking is sinful, and I should work on that. Perhaps I could use the time better, doing God's work, instead of "my" work. Grandma.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Recent Comments


Catechism

And, in testimony of our desire, and assurance to be heard, we say, Amen.

Catechism question generator by Luke Godfrey