God's Sovereign Choice

Romans 9:13 "As it is written, "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated." What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God's part? By no means! For He says to Moses"I will have mercy on on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."

Amazing!

We call this Election. This is where God, before the world, chose those that would be His. The question is not "God, why don't you save so-and-so," the question is "God, why did you save me?"

Everything and everyone brings God glory, even the "evil on the Judgment Day."

(This is going to sound wrong, but stay with me, it's great!)
Lets say that you were a women. And a man was courting you, and he said "I love you, you're the one I'm going to marry." Or what if he said "I'm going to make myself open to anybody, and if you will love me, I'll love you." Which one would you prefer? uh... the first. And it's the same way with God! Before the world He said "I love you, you're the one I'm going to save." He didn't just make Himself open to anyone. It's amazing! And it brings God glory.

We'll never know why God chose to save us... and that brings Him glory.

I think this is one of the most glorious things about God.

All for the glory of God,
~Kade

1 comments:

Anonymous March 5, 2008 at 7:05 PM  

I like your illustration- keep it up! Mom

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Recent Comments


Catechism

And, in testimony of our desire, and assurance to be heard, we say, Amen.

Catechism question generator by Luke Godfrey