Get Wisdom

Today, I started reading a book I got a little while ago, and I wanted to post on it. The one thing that the Proverbs makes clear is that you need wisdom. Read Proverbs 4:7. Also, it can't be the 'world's wisdom' which is foolishness, to GOD. Read 1 Corinthians 3:19. Also, there is a difference between wisdom and knowledge. Knowledge is just knowing things. Wisdom is doing things. All true wisdom comes from God, and it's not anything of your doing that got you that wisdom. The author of the book says this, "Wisdom is the best choice with the best result in every situation.

-Kole

5 comments:

Anonymous March 17, 2008 at 8:15 PM  

Kole one of my favorite observations is something I heard someone say, (wish I could give credit but I don't remember who) "He is educated beyond his intelligence". One particular person I know comes to mind. He was raised Catholic, but shared with me, years ago, that he felt he was called to start a "new religion". I was so offended and not very wise that I could not argue reasonably and our friendship pretty much ended. Now he is struggling with his own mortality and I suspect his "new religion" is not the answer for him. Of course we know there are no "new religions", only the names change. Grandma

Anonymous March 18, 2008 at 12:40 PM  

What book are you reading? Please share. Thanks for the post.

Kade March 18, 2008 at 2:37 PM  

The book I'm reading is called ancient wisdom (Proverbs). I wouldn't recomend it yet, since I just started the book. But maybe I will later.

-Kole

Anonymous March 20, 2008 at 5:49 PM  

So if you are not saved you can't be wise?

Kade March 20, 2008 at 6:10 PM  

Prov 4:7 says the world's wisdom is foolishness to God. And ALL wisdom is given by God. Unbelievers won't have true, meaningful wisdom (saving wisdom)

-Kole

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Recent Comments


Catechism

And, in testimony of our desire, and assurance to be heard, we say, Amen.

Catechism question generator by Luke Godfrey