G.i.G.o.

Matthew 12:34 "Out of the heart the mouth speaks."

So you're probably wondering what g.i.g.o. means, uh? Well, in my family it means "Garbage in Garbage out." What is in our hearts will flow from our mouths. Sometimes when we confront somebody about what they're doing, they'll say "Man, you're just judging me on the outside!" That's right, we are! But what is on the outside reveals what is going on in the inside! If Christ has made a change in us, there will be a change in what we do and what we say; that's the only way that we will ever get rid of the "garbage."

I recall one of my favorite hymns that says "Create in me a clean heart, O God..." And that should be our prayer, because if there's fresh, Nestle Pure Life water, (my Dad works for Nestle)then that's what will come out of our mouths!

All for the glory of God,
~Kade

p.s. the g.i.g.o. is pronounced like g.i.j.o. nice, i know:)

5 comments:

Anonymous March 19, 2008 at 5:39 PM  

When we feed ourselves garbage we become what we eat and it is bound to come out in our actions.

"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise ..."
Ephesians 5:15ff

Rachel March 19, 2008 at 7:37 PM  

Even after we are saved, I know some people out there are kind of like "Ok, I'm saved, now I can do what I want, just no really bad stuff' No!! After we are saved, we live our lives to tell people about God, and to please Him!!! I know that's hard to do, but through Christ we can do everything! :)
~Rachel
Philipians 4:13 (or 14, I'll look later and make sure I'm right)

Anonymous March 20, 2008 at 5:16 PM  

Scripture says that it is appropiate for us to judge what is on the outside. Only God knows the heart.

So we need to be careful of out outside

Kade March 20, 2008 at 6:17 PM  

Absolutely, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn't judge each other. We need to make sure we're not being hypocritical; and we need to do it with love. If we're doing it for our benefit (to look righteous), or not to benefit the person you are confronting it's probably not good.

-Kole

Kade March 23, 2008 at 6:34 PM  

Gal. 6:1 "...You who are spiritaul, (the saved) restore him (somebody who is in sin) with gentleness..."
~Kade

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Recent Comments


Catechism

And, in testimony of our desire, and assurance to be heard, we say, Amen.

Catechism question generator by Luke Godfrey