Responsilbility or Broken Necks

Yesterday, I was weed-whacking before I had to leave for the parenting class I help with. I usually work with kids or the sound system. Anyway, I left the whacker outside and it rained last night. When my parents asked me if I had put the whacker away, I respond with a few excuses. (Notice "FEW"). I was upset and angry about being corrected, and I "hardened my neck". Two minutes later, I was having a bible time with my family and talking about hardening our necks from Prov 29:1. Verse 1!!!! Right off the BAT!! Verse 1 says, "A man who hardens his neck after much reproof, will suddenly be broken beyond remedy." I later asked for forgiveness from my parents and siblings (for setting a bad example), and took responsibility for the weed-whacker.

For His Son's Glory,
-Kole

1 comments:

Anonymous March 29, 2008 at 5:40 PM  

That is great that God showed you through His word that you need to "whack" the weeds from your attitude. He knows exactly where we need reproof and you have shown much maturity by recognizing this and asking for forgiveness.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Recent Comments


Catechism

And, in testimony of our desire, and assurance to be heard, we say, Amen.

Catechism question generator by Luke Godfrey